Early Intervention Services – Ages 2-6
Experts agree that Early Intervention offers the children on the Autism Spectrum the best opportunity for gains. Research is clear that children who received Early Intervention services show much more improvement in developmental skills than those who do not receive services. That’s why it’s important to talk to your doctor as soon as possible if you feel your child is not reaching milestones or you suspect any developmental delay.
Early Intervention Services Focus
– Improving a child’s language and communication skills.
– Coping and Frustration Tolerance
– Reduction of disruptive behavior
– Play skills
– Social Skills
– Enabling the child to participate in his or her educational program as independently as possible.
We develop intensive early intervention programs based on comprehensive parent and caregiver interviews, records review, observations, and VB-MAPP assessment (Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program). A specific curriculum is tailored to the child’s current functioning level and skill set with goals that emphasize skills which will enable the child to become independent and successful in both the short and long terms.
Early Intervention Methodologies Utilized
– Verbal Behavior Approach
– Natural Environment Teaching (NET
– Discrete Trial Training (DTT)
– Pivotal Response Training (PRT)
– Early Intensive Behavioral Intervention (EIBI)